Monday, March 03, 2008

A Rundown On Gluttony

First, a picture of last week's project with Catherine:

We made the frame from molding, painted it black, and stapled this gorgeous fabric to it. It's now obviously hanging in my dining room and looks fantastic. Makes the whole room look better. Love it! Thanks Catherine! You're amazing!

I can't wait to post pictures of what else she is working on. It will be awesome!

Until then, I will give you the rundown on what happens when you literally eat your way through Seattle. It was such a lovely weekend away. My mom and I did all the stuff we never get to do when we have three kids in tow so it was awesome.

First, on Friday night we met my dear friend Christy at The Cheesecake Factory where we sat and ate for about five hours.

On Saturday, we got up early and met another dear friend, Kelly, at The Wild Wheat for a gourmet breakfast of a crab and asparagus omelet smothered in hollandaise sauce. (Yeah, should be a super fun weigh-in at the doc's tomorrow...) Heavenly!

After that, my mom and I headed out where we shopped and shopped, squeezed in a movie, and finished off the day at The Outback where we split a salad and a few unmentionable appetizers. Coconut shrimp and a bloomin' onion, oh my.

On Sunday morning, we headed to my brother's house for a quick visit before attending the baby shower for his wife Kimberlee, who is due with their first child in about three weeks. Uh, she and i are the same size, but I'll try not to focus on that. Three weeks for her, three months for me, whatever. The shower was great and she got lots of great stuff. The food was hilarious to me, although very good, because her friends are all single and childless and uuber athletes, so we ate things like a dairy-free egg souflee with organic tofu sausage and wild rice with kalamata olives. Yummy, and yet very strange.

After that, I came home to a sparkling clean house and three children very happy to see their mama. It was perfection in every way.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get away and enjoy some time with my mom. You rock!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I love to spend time with my grandkids, it was a rare treat to have Karen all to myself. However, I do feel a little guilty that all the food we ate was high calorie carbs and we both love exactly the same stuff. Let's focus on The Outback salad! And being invited to spend time with Karen and her childhood friends was fabulous. Kimberlee's skinny, athletic, tofu-eating, yoga-practicing friends were very sweet to us but I still think we had more fun.

GS

Sarah said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend with your mom. It's great to have alone time with just the girls every once in a while. I bet the baby was loving all of that great food! Your wall hanging project turned out very cute as well. It looks great with the colors in your house.

Jan said...

Sounds fantastic Karen. I love the picture alot. It turned out beautiful. Your home looks lovely. I have never been in it before. Hint. The trip sounds fun too. That wheat place has got to be on my must eat places there. I love that sort of thing. Good friends, family and some good food and house decor. Your on a roll. Not your belly, just your awesomeness. Love your recipes by that you share on the side by the way.

Heather said...

Yum... from one prego to the other LIVE IT UP!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I just might have the opportunity this summer to take a child free week... AND I just might be in Tri-Cities during that time! We should see if we can get a group together to eat... oh, and maybe get to know each other a bit... maybe ;)

Ms. Kristen said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous yummy savory weekend! I never get to talk to you at Preschool because I am so busy dealing with business! Let me know about June 5th for Preschool Graduation....I don't want it to be to busy for you!

Kris said...

Love the project that you did with Catherine. How cool. Glad you were able to get away and have a fun time with your mom and family! All that food sounds yummy!

hatch said...

I am loving your project! I cannot wait to see Catherine's other creation! Your weekend sounds divine! You deserved a nice weekend away. By the way I am now very hungry. Thanks!

tharker said...

Love the wall art. It looks perfect there!

I'm so glad that you got to go "play with Grandma Seattle" (Sienna's words) and that you had such a great time. Thank you again for the lovely flowers. They brightened up my day. (And my living room ;)

dandee said...

Your project turned out perferctly! I love it!

The trip sounds like perfection also. Yum yum!

Sara said...

Wow, what a carbfilled weekend, couldn't ask for anything better. Sounds like so much fun and even more fun to spend it with your mom.

cate create said...

It was so fun doing the project with you, and seeing your absolutely beautiful home! I'm glad you had a fun weekend, and I'm so impressed that your home was clean when you got home. There is nothing better than coming home to a clean house!

Kelly said...

I had the best time with you and your mom Saturday morning...It was the perfect way to start my weekend. Thanks for putting it all together!

Your fabric wall hanging is so clever and beautiful. I really need to traverse the pass to come see your place in person. I can't believe I haven't been over there yet...How lame am I?

Brad rocks for having the house in order--- that is no easy feat with three kids and no mommy!

Elizabeth said...

Love that project. It looks lovely.

Lee said...

I love your project, it is great!

your weekend sounds wonderful!!!