Monday, March 17, 2008

Take Us Out To The Ballgame

Remember this picture?
Ever since Spence attended his first ballgame last summer, he has been a die-hard Mariner's fan. Loves the team, loves the players, loves Safeco Field, loves everything. And since I have been promising him a bedroom makeover since we moved in, we decided to put the two together.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when my amazing sister-in-law Tiff came to town. She agreed to help me with the project and dedicated a solid portion of her weekend to taping and painting three of the most perfectly straight lines you have ever seen, in Mariner's colors no less. Then, as if her slave labor weren't enough, she kindly returned home and spent hours crafting the most perfect sports logo of all time, right down to the itty bitty red laces on the baseball which these pictures don't do justice to. She has an amazing vinyl business and can custom create pretty much anything on the planet, so if you need something fab, click her name.

Anyway, I now unveil the cutest room this side of Ichiro's hometown:









Spencer is beyond thrilled with his room and I am so, so happy with how it turned out. I never could have done it with Tiff the Amazing One and am so appreciative that she took pity on her poor pregnant sis-in-law and her most deserving son. You are The. Best.

21 comments:

::lindsay said...

The room turned out so good. I'm so glad you went with those turquoise stripes. The vinyl lettering looks great too.

Jan said...

Those lines are amazingly straight. Wow. The room looks fantastic. What color vinyls is the Seattle Mariner out of? It almost looks silver, is that right? I love it. Glad you could get that done before the baby. Oh and glad you had fun with your friends last week.

PRP said...

The logo is white and silver with red laces, although you can see none of that in the picture. It's amazing up close.

Heather said...

Beautiful!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

The decor really looks fabulous. I bet you've got one happy little boy. The picture of Spencer at the game is priceless.

dandee said...

It looks so great! I'm super impressed with those lines!

tharker said...

I don't think you could find a happier little boy anywhere on the planet!

The room looks so fantastic. Great job Tiff!

Kris said...

How cool! That room has got to be the best Mariner's Fan Room Ever. It looks great Karen.

Melissa said...

That is so fun!! What a great job you did. I bet he's in heaven!!

polka dots said...

So cute. He has no reason not to grow-up to be a pro baseball player now!

Sarah said...

I think even Ichiro would be proud to stay in that room. It looks fantastic! I hope Spencer has some wonderful baseball dreams there.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

It looks stunning and totally professional looking. I'll just bet he is just in heaven and why not?

Nicole said...

Oh man, I am so glad Tiff tore herself away from bubble blaster long enough to do Spencer's vinyl;)

It looks amazing. I wish I had a Tiff for a SIL!

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow. That's all I have to say about his room.

Kelly said...

What a lucky kid. His room looks fantastic! I've been thinking of adding some stripes to Nick's room, but taping straight lines seems daunting.

Love that picture of Spencer!

Sara said...

I love it looks so great. What an awesome sis-in-law you have. Where did you get those amazing bunkbeds?

emahaf said...

That is an amazing room, and the stripes are amazing.

Brooklet said...

That is such a cool room! Tiffany is definitely an artist! Such straight lines. . .

Jan said...

I came back for the artichoke dip. Man that is lookin good. It better be prp, or I will hunt you down. Those artichokes are expensive. By the way. Did you know that I use to think that prp was paprika princess. I still call you that in my mind. I am a tortured woman Karen. Thanks for the recipe.

AOlson said...

WOW, Karen. This room looks amazing!! What a lucky little boy. My Jacob would just love that room. Heck, Kevin would LOVE that room!

Anonymous said...

Wow - talk about recognition! Thanks for the props Special K! It was totally worth it for you!