Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Love Me Some Keflex

Let's see. Where should I start?

Should I detail the fabulous Seaside vacation we just returned from?

No, too tired.

Should I regale you with the details of Squish's birthday, which was just as fabulous?

No, too sore.

Should I shake my fists angrily at my left breast which was found standing at attention at four this morning, looking like a part of my body I haven't seen since watching first-run episodes of My So-Called Life?

Yes, I should, because it means that the mastitis has returned and boy oh boy, is it ever ticked at me.

Temperature of 101? Check.

Alternating sweats and chills? Check.

Throwing up? (This is a new one for me) Check.

Boob that looks like something sculpted by Dr. Rey? Check.

Bring on the drugs.

8 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Not fair AT ALL.

When you're feeling up to it, I'd love to hear about the trip.

Kate said...

well that is no good, I remember doing some of the strangest weirdest things to try to get rid of mine (none of them worked, or I would share them with you!)
Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon!

Kelly said...

Oh man, that is so not fair. I hope you didn't feel like that while you were in Seaside.

Despite your maladies, you're sense of humor is still intact...Dr. Rey? FUNNY!!

tharker said...

Seriously? What are the odds? I'm so sorry that Mastitis has reared her ugly head again. Please call me if you need anything!

Heather said...

What? Is that even humanly possible????? You need someone to write you a scrip for a years supply of antibiotics. Do you want Angie's number??

Sara said...

Ahhh, not so fun thank goodness for antibiotics.

Ms. Kristen said...

OOOOCHHHH! And the throwing up to boot! Pleassssse! What we do for these little ones!
Hang in there! And I don't mean the boob!

Sarah said...

Hope you are feeling better!