Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Ear We Go Again

This little man has reason to look so upset:



My normally dreamy baby has transformed into a little monster, waking up repeatedly, refusing to nap, and crying all the live long day. And now I know why. He is battling his second ear infection in three weeks.

When Spence traveled down this road at about the same age, his journey finally ended in two surgeries to have tubes placed and one to have his adenoids removed. Let's hope Austin has an easier time.

Praise be to Augmentin and Motrin!

8 comments:

Jan said...

Tell me this isn't so. Hugs to the tired mother.

Kelly said...

Feel better soon Austin...darn ear infections.

Have fun shopping today!

tharker said...

How cute does Austin look in his little vest? I really could eat that kid up!

I hope he's better very soon!

AOlson said...

Ear infections are so not fun!! Jaocb used to egt them ALL the time too, but he is allergic to all penicillans so we couldn't use augmentin. They ended up having to take out his tonsils and adnoids at age three and the boy hardly ever gets sick any more.

Good luck! I hope Austin gets better soon:)

Sarah said...

I hope everything improves for little Austin soon. Sleepless nights and sick babies are not a good combo. By the way, I saw your kiddo's on the coats for kids commercial the other night. I had to rewind it and have Kendle come watch so she could see her friends on TV!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Awww....poor baby. I am sad he is sick. He is sooooo darling though!

Sara said...

George just got tubes put in and I am so happy. I hope Austin gets better soon.

Ms. Kristen said...

Not fun! Been there with my second. We were in the er when she was 6 mons. cause of the constant fever and crying. Tubes twice....still once in awhile having problems! Good luck with that one! I feel for you!