Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Color Of February, At Least At My House



My table is done..ish. I'd still like to re-sand some edges and go over it all one more time but after feeding a family of 6 at the breakfast bar for several meals in a row, I put my paint away and got back to business. I should have taken a "be
fore" picture because then you would have been so much more impressed but let's just say, MY TABLE WAS HAMMERED. If you've bellied up to it in the past two years, you would have quietly noted to yourself "wow, this family destroyed this sucker." Because they did. With fork gouges and spills, dropped silverware and bangs and clangs from every dish we own. And to top it all off, we had a huge discolored blotch right smack dab in the middle, which no one has ever claimed and we still don't know what caused it. So to see it in all it's shiny black goodness, well, it's awesome.


We have re-instituted a place mat policy and the kids are loving their Valentine's place mats. I've been treating it a bit gingerly and am still unsure how to best clean it but other than that, I love it. I love the consistency, I love that all the dinks and dings are gone and I love that it no longer resembles a "before" project that we forgot to "after."

Speaking of black, I dyed my hair last night. By myself. I know, I know, why I do this remains a mystery except that my beloved hairdresser couldn't fit me in until March and that because said beloved hairdresser gives me such a slamming deal, I couldn't stomach paying full price anywhere else. And I am a dark haired girl at heart so really, it's not that big of a deal, right? The Rizz likes and it's growing on me and really, Goth Mom is the new thing, right? It's not actually black, but it's darker than it's been in years. Aren't you anxious to see it? I'll be doing viewings from 2-4 this afternoon.

Not really.

Anyway, I've got a bucket of chocolate chips begging to be turned into something sinful. Something Valenitiney. Don't you love this time of year?

Happy Wednesday!


8 comments:

Amy said...

Oohh, I love the table. Great job busy mom!

Heather said...

the table looks great. nice job, and the hair? well I'm just dying to see it but 2-4 doesn't work for me, so another time.

Sarah said...

Good paint job! You pretty much described exactly how our table is beginning to look. It's probably going to need some touching up soon too. Way to go!

tharker said...

The table looks great! And the big sploch in the middle is totally gone! I'm excited to see the table and your hair!!

Unknown said...

Ok...that constitutes a big project in my book. My question is: How the heck do you not take a before picture? Jeez lady. With that off my chest, I must say it looks great!! Can't wait to see your hair, I'm sure it looks great too!!

Lisa Christine said...

I think it's beautiful.

And seeing your decorated table makes me think I should get some Valentines Day decor up around my place too....

Kelly said...

It looks FANTASTIC... and I love the valentine placemats. First, the girls' room, then the table, what's next??? You are on a roll!

cate create said...

I'm very impressed - the table looks great! I love the framed "Love one another" on the table too. Did you make that?