Wednesday, November 02, 2011

WIWW 4=FAIL

I have no pictures this week. Hannah and I didn't get our act together (read: I didn't get my act together) and so I have nothing to show for the week. Lame, I know. But I'm happy to report that I did try some new things this week and for the most part felt good.

It was a rough week around these parts as our community collectively watched a friend pass away. After a four year battle with breast cancer, which she fought valiantly and courageously, she passed on. She was wife to the love of her life. She was Mama to three sweet little souls. It was heartbreaking and uplifting all at the same time. I didn't know her extremely well but I learned volumes from her example. I find myself thinking of her family most of the day. They are strong and true and brave. I hope the lessons I've learned over the past few weeks stay with me.

I also threw a bit of a Halloween party for 400 of my closet friends. Lindsay and I were asked to coordinate our ward's Trunk or Treat and we decided to go with gusto. A pasta bar with homemade Alfredo or marinara sauce, meatballs, grilled chicken, Cesar salad, and rolls. We started with 400 plates. We had 7 left over. It was exhausting but a ton of fun. I'm just hoping they have someone else in mind for Christmas...

Because the week was exhausting, the Rizz and I ran away to Portland for the weekend. We talked these guys into joining us and our spontaneous get away was just what the doctor ordered. Good food, good friends, and a good night's sleep. I highly recommend it.

I'm off to tend to Spence who is home sick for the second day. We're cozying up with The Sandlot and lots of Wassail. Happy Wednesday to you.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Tough week, but you always manage to take the important lessons from it. Thanks Karen!