Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Mother Of All Road Trips, Day 5

I've been trying to figure out a way to describe our time in Disneyland.  

And I've decided I can't.  

Because Disneyland blew my socks off.  Exceeded every expectation I ever had.  Was more magical and fun than I could have dreamed up and I'm already itching to go back.  Everything they say about Disneyland is true; it's magical.  It's happy.  It's like there's some kind of cosmic goodness that is pumped in the air and found in every song, every laugh, every amazing memory that is made.  I will let the pictures speak for themselves but know this: we were under the spell of one Walt Disney for days on end and that spell luckily followed us home. 


I know some of these pictures are way too small for you to really see but we would be here until the end of time if I posted and described each one.  We made the most of our time, waking the kids at ridiculous hours, forgetting to feed them and walking their cute little legs into the ground.  

And no one complained.  

And no one fought.  

And no one caused drama or whined or complained of the heat or any of the million things that kids do.  

Instead, they thanked us over and over.  They took turns riding the rides together and going wherever the others wanted to go.  They were supportive when someone was afraid, excited by everything new and overwhelmed by the whole experience.  

Doesn't that sound like a bunch of sugar-coated malarkey? 

I know.  

But I swear it's all true.  

That's what Walt and his team of dream makers will do to you.  

Go.  

Now.  

With those you love. 

You won't regret a second of it. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I think Disney should hire your fam to do it's next advertising campaign, I don't think smiles can get any wider than those!

Melanie said...

I agree with Kelly. I love that you all loved it (mostly because I feel a little ridiculous loving it so much). I don't know what they put in the air there, but I want more of it!

Tracy said...

I totally feel the exact same way!! When are we going back?? And that should be your christmas card.