Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Still Trying To Keep Her Off The Pole

Apparently, my daughter is in need of some serious parenting. I've been so busy doing all the things I do in a day that I seem to have neglected some very basic training. I thought some of this was a given, but Hannah seems to need some more clarification.

She appeared before me the other day as seen in the accompanying picture.

Trying to stifle a giggle, I calmly said "Hannah, love, what are you doing?"

"I'm getting ready for Halloween" she sweetly replied.

Wondering if I had accidently left the TV tuned to the Pay-Per-View channel, I asked what she wanted to be.

"A grown-up" she answered.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I don't always look my best around the house. Sometimes it's a struggle to make it out of my favorite PJs in the morning. But never, ever, as far back as I can remember, have I shown up for carpool in the ensemble pictured.

"Don't I look beautiful?" she asked, eyes yearning for Mama's approval.

"Of course you do, sweetie" was all I could say.

Lesson #427 in the Parenting Guide for Dummies: Never forget how closely your children watch you and that they'll interpret what they see however they want. And put your Mama Magic Wand back at the end of the day!

No comments: