Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Everything I Need To Know I Learned In High School Biology

Bio Vocab Quiz

Vestigial: structures that are useless.

As in the underwire in a swimsuit, childproof locks in a house where Sienna lives, sports bras, and the organizations in charge of protecting Britney's kids.

IPOD: Necessary music device in all school situations, including but not limited to lunch, breaks, P.E., and all environments where a teacher is trying to instruct kids. Headphones must be worn looped over ears as to display how cool one is to their peers.

Cell Phone: Friend locator, either through actual calling or text messaging, both of which occur with rapid fire succession throughout the entire school day.

Emo: formerly known as "trenchcoat mafia" or to describe any girl with PMS, the emo crowd is dark, moody and ready to black out due to excessive eye rolling.

Maybe second grade wasn't so bad afterall.

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

you're so funny Karen.

Melissa said...

Ahh... I'm so glad I'm not in high school any more. Don't miss it. Not one bit.

tharker said...

I'm shocked at the things that kids get away with. Remember when we got in trouble just for passing a note in class? Now they can get away with using cell phones???? Maybe I'm totally old school, but I think that's total crap!!!

hatch said...

I'm with Tiffany, I cannot believe everything kids can get away with now during school. With that said I love hearing about all of this crazyness from you. You are so funny!

Sarah said...

When I was in high school in the late 90's you couldn't have sneaked out your cell phone because they were those big old flip-out phones. You had to have a big purse to carry one of those.

dandee said...

I love to hear your perspective Karen. So funny, and yet it's sad because I know it's all true.

Heather said...

So you had to work for your money today, huh??

Alicia Leppert said...

My teacher in high school couldn't even have a beeper so as to alert her when her sister had her baby...she was her birthing coach. Now every kid can have a cell phone in class. Seriously, are people drying to make it so the next generation are a bunch of disrespectful losers, because they're well on their way. Sorry, I have real issues with this.

PRP said...

I hear you, Alicia. It's crazy to me. The teacher I was subbing for had actually written in her sub plans that it was okay for the kids to use their IPODS as long as they were working...what the fetch? It's a whole new world out there.

Brooklet said...

Its a whole new world and it really hasn't been that long since we were in highschool. Thanks for the new vocabulary word- I will use it often when describing CPS.