Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Friend Jiminey



On Friday night, to kick off our fun filled weekend in Seattle, Brad and I met up with our good friends Kelly and Connor. Kelly is my oldest friend, having known her now for 29 years and she is perfection. I adore everything about her and we always have the best time together and Friday was no exception.





We decided to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory because I LOVE IT SO and because they had never been there before. I know, blaspheme!

We waited the whole hour and a half with Connor constantly chiding me about how good the food better be and luckily, they delivered. I made us order the Avocado Eggrolls because they are DIVINE and while the rest of us ate them up, Connor remained skeptical. Kelly made him try a bite with the delicious Tamarind Sauce on top and let me tell you, the man was transformed. He and Brad were soon dipping EVERYTHING in the sauce, from nachos to bread, and we sat and ate, talking happily, laughing constantly and enjoying every minute. I love that I have them in my life!

Fun Facts about Me and Kel:

*I met her when I was three and we became the best of friends almost instantly
*I was her maid of honor at 17 (she's MUCH older than me)

*We love the word "mingle!"
*Her memory is FIERCE and she literally knows everything I've done, said and worn for the past 29 years
*Her feet are the craziest looking things on the planet
*She has no sense of smell and was even studied by the docs at U-Dub to figure it out, which they never did
*She never says a mean thing about anything or anyone and that fact alone knocks my socks off
*We once made up a song about a cricket (sorry, I can't go into further detail. It's too embarrassing, even for us)
*She is a fabulous mommy and has two of the most grounded, confident and loving children I've ever met
*Her husband is a rock star and suits her perfectly
*She is my oldest friend and I love that I will have the privelege of knowing her my whole life (well, almost)




Thanks for Friday night, guys. We had a blast and love you both dearly!

9 comments:

Brooklet said...

Nothing better than a great friend! Kelli sounds delightful and you sound like a truly appreciative friends- what a good combination.

Michele said...

Kelly is truly one of the nicest people I have ever met. You are such a good judge of character Karen! Or, maybe Kelly is, since she is older than you...

Heather said...

It sounds like fun, nothing better than being with someone who knows all the embarrasing things about you and DID them with you!

tharker said...

I am so happy that you converted them to the beauty that is an Avocado Eggroll! Way to go!

Kelly sounds fantastic. It's so great that you guys have stayed such great friends through all of the years. Here's to many more!

Sarah said...

That sounds like a fun time. You are so lucky to have such good friends that you share so many memories with.

Kelly said...

Thanks Karen! I'm so glad I have you in my life too! My childhood would've been as dull as a doorknob if it hadn't been for you being by my side EVERYDAY. Thanks for the walk down memory lane...ugly feet and all.

dandee said...

Lovely friends are the best! Especially when they know you so well.

vwbabe said...

Can't wait for my post!

Marilyn said...

good friends and avacado egg rolls...what more could a girl ask for?

I recently bought Sarah McLachlan's Christmas album, and I love it so much, and I love your playlist!