Monday, January 07, 2008

Goal #1

After my 6 pound weight gain last month between my two doctors appointments, I've been making a serious effort to get in control of what's going on with me and the monster belly. I've even considered stop taking the medicine so I'll start throwing up again regularly, although I'm still managing to do that more frequently than I'd like. Which begs the question "how do you purge regularly and still gain weight???"

Answer me that and I'll buy you a pony.

Today was Day 2 of walking at the mall with Squish. She was not a happy stroller occupant this morning and the trail of raisins she left behind is all the proof you'll need. We managed to get in 45 minutes which wasn't too shabby but the theatrics I put on to get that much done was Oscar worthy.

The only thing that made my journey enjoyable was the new IPOD my sweet husband bought me for Christmas. (Aren't you proud of me Marilyn and Danyelle???) It is the snappiest device of all time and I love it so. I'm not so great at working it however which is hilarious but I'm completely serious. After I had taken it off and turned it off, or so I thought, I returned to the car 1 hour and 45 minutes later to realize it was still playing. Yep, I'm a moron. But a happy, walking, theatrical, weight-stabilizing moron at that.

I've even made friends with some of the mall regulars who smile and wave and tell me how beautiful Squish is, which is fun for me and even more fun for Squish. She has the over 70 crowd wrapped around her finger.

If anyone would like to join me, I'll be there every Mon/Wed/Fri at 9. I'm the one with the mondo-belly shoving raisins in my ADD child's lap.

13 comments:

Stacia said...

I noticed your IPOD on the seat in the van!

Hope Wednesday is a better walking day for you and Squish!

Sarah said...

That's awesome you're a mall walker! Your motivation amazes me.

Michele said...

HEY, crazy mall walker lady, you are PREGNANT. I know it is kind of like rocket science but women gain weight when they are pregnant. Now, I don't want a pony but I will take the money you will spend to buy me a pony. Hope that helps.

PS. Don't purge on purpose. Don't even go there with me missing.

Heather said...

I leave the ipod on all the time too. I don't want to hear aobut it until you gain 5lbs in one week... then they stick you in hospital IMMEDIATELY. Trust me, that is sooo fun.

PRP said...

Michele, don't you have a bedpan to change or something???

Jessica said...

ahh......sounds exactly like my first two pregnancies, what I gained 12 lbs in two weeks, how the heck did that happen when I haven't kept even 1 meal down?! Oh well at the end you will have a beautiful baby to show for it!

AND BTW you should come to broadmoor gym with me from 9-11 they have daycare! I tried the mall walking thing with Howie and we had about the same result, he is much happier at the gym!

tharker said...

Michele's comment is cracking me up! Karen, you should definitely listen to that lifelong friend of your's. She IS a nurse after all! Or almost one anyway...

Maybe I can join you at the mall on Mondays and Fridays. We could even have a contest to see which kid can leave the longest trail of snacks for the over 70 crowd to munch on :)

Congrats on the Ipod! Which one did you get?

Kris said...

So cool that you go walking at the mall! That's a great idea. Good job for being motivated to go walking. I can't do that, and I'm not even pregnant! Love the fact that all the older people love Squish! Sounds like you have a great time!!

Melissa said...

Michele stole my comment... pregnancy is about gaining weight. :) Okay, maybe not really, but honestly, I would have jumped for joy with a 6 pound weight gain most months... I usually pulled 10's... especially with my last one. We won't talk about how much weight I gained with that child and how much I'm still carrying around... ahem...

Alicia Leppert said...

Seriously, way to go on the walking. Oh, and I've heard a few times that if you eat, say, a cup of food, you only throw up like, and teaspoon. I win the pony!

Kelly said...

Listen to Michele...she knows what she's talkin' about and she's darn funny too! As for me, I'm hoping I've only gained five pounds in the last month due to the lack of will power at holiday parties. If only I could use the excuse of eating for two!! Just relax, listen to your tunes, and don't worry about a few pounds...you are busy growin' a healthy Johnson baby!!

Marilyn said...

I am proud of you! the iPod will change.your.life. At least it did mine.

By the way, I've got a cd or two ready for you, will deliver them today!

dandee said...

Yay for ipods and mall walkers. We may have to join you...