Thursday, April 03, 2008

Appointment To Sainthood Now In Question

My typically non-mischievous son decided to play a hilarious April Fool's joke on his mom. He had been telling me various jokes and pranks all morning, but his REAL foolhardiness didn't show itself until he was well into his school day. Where he was safe, I might add.

He put TWO CRAYONS IN MY DRYER.

With a fresh load of whites.

Isn't that hilarious?

So now all of Brad's white shirts, our socks, underwear and what nots are covered in a hodge podge of red and yellow melted crayon.

It is AWESOME.

I wonder if all that melted crayon is why my dryer is currently jacked up....

**Addendum: Spence's appointment is once again guaranteed as he said this to me this morning while I was drying my hair:

"Mom, you should really show me how to wash the dishes and load the dishwasher correctly so I could do it for you and you wouldn't have to stand on your feet so much."

LOVE. THAT. KID.

14 comments:

dandee said...

Ooooooh. SO NOT GOOD.

Kris said...

Oh man! That is quite the trick! Just don't have him passing those ideas around in his Primary class. I don't want that happening here! Ha! Hope your dryer gets fixed soon!

Kristi said...

Wow. That is awful. And to think he was just playing a "clever" joke that ended severely wrong. Is there any way you can decently salvage the whites?

Marilyn said...

Crayons in the dryer has happened to me one too many times to laugh right now. That stinks!

Debie Spurgeon said...

OH NO! That's a biggie. I'm sure he's still eligible for sainthood.

tharker said...

Just what you needed yesterday huh?

Jan said...

You'll have to get a new sorting section. One for rainbow colors.
Sorry. Not a funny joke for a Saint.

Sarah said...

Oh no! The things that get into our kids heads is baffling sometimes. Hope your drier doesn't have more crayon problems in the future.

Heather said...

OOOOOO.... It must have been Sienna. Spence would NEVER do that!

Kelly said...

Oooohhh... Poor judgement Spence.
I'm sure he feels really sorry.

Is there anything you can do to get melted waxy crayons off your clothing? That makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Kelly said...

Ok... I just read your addendum and that boy has just redeemed himself! Some little girl out in the world has no idea how lucky she will be to meet and marry Spencer in the future. He is awesome.

emahaf said...

that is not good, but one prank every 2-5 years is a pretty good average, I still think sainthood is a definate possibilty.

polka dots said...

Really? Crayons in the dryer? So sorry Karen. Cute boy though. Can never be mad at him too long with all that goodness spilling out of him ALL the time!

Alicia Leppert said...

That is the worst, there is nothing that I know of that gets melted crayon out of clothes, not to mention it's probably still stuck to your dryer and if you don't get it all out of there it will melt onto the next batch of clothes....aye yi yi. So sorry. So cute that he thought it was a fun, innocent prank, clueless of the repercussions!