Monday, July 21, 2008

Bye, Bye Miss American Thighs

Today marked day 1 of Project Lose-The-Baby-Weight-And-Pre-Baby-Weight-And-Never-Be- Chunkified-Again Challenge. I was hoping to start last week but since it was Mastitis Monday, I had to rearrange my plans. Now that things are flowing normally, I'm all about losing these rolls once and for all.

I'm happy to say that I made it through my workout as planned and even managed to squeeze in a bunch of crunches on the ball and some serious stretching time. Thanks Austin for snoozing and letting me get er' done. I have a long ways to go but in the words of the amazing Marilyn, I can do hard things.

The workout felt great, although it was weird having all these parts in all different places than before, but I trudged along and made it through. It's amazing what 10+ months of absolutely no ab training will do to your mid-section. It sort of looks like the jowls of a dog, a really fat and ugly dog, but my goal is to fix that right up. Surgically, if necessary.

In the meantime, please don't offer me any goodies. No ice cream or pie, pizza or pasta. And if you see me with anything from Sonic other than a diet cherry limeade, please smack me across the face. I give you full permission.

I can't wait to feel good in my own skin again!

15 comments:

dandee said...

YOU can do hard things. Can you hear me cheering for you?

Heather said...

FUN, FUN! You'll do great. Wanna Cherry Limeade?

Annette Rose said...

You go girl! Good for you! I am right there with you, however my baby is 18 months old now... so you are WAY ahead of me. I don't know why it is so hard... Keep us posted.

Ms. Kristen said...

Did those cin. rolls do it to ya? Yeah, me too! After indulging this weekend of eating a roll every meal I need to go on a diet!

I know you.....you'll do it! You need to kick my butt!

tharker said...

You can do it Kjo!

Can I really slap you????

Alicia Leppert said...

Thanks for the motivation. My baby is five and I have yet to lost the added weight. I'll get right on that.

Megan said...

i lOVE tha abs anaolgy...you have a way with words! i am currently thinking of an analogy that is befitting my belly-o.
more power to you!!!!

tharker said...

I hope you know I'm completely joking. I would never slap you! I also have to say the title for this post is so clever!

Jan said...

Love the title. Perfect. You are good at anything you put your mind too. Way to unroll. If you get my drift. You are so funny.

Sarah said...

I thought when I saw you at church that you are already looking great! Good luck.

Sara said...

Way to go Karen. You can do it and will be looking smokin in no time.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I wish you all the luck in the world. It's a difficult thing for sure, but you can do it.

tharker said...

You have been tagged my dear. Check my blog for details ;)

Kelly said...

You go, go, go!!! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. At least that's what I've heard... :) I'm also on my own journey to experience that myself!

Marilyn said...

You can do it Karen! I'll be cheering you on! Thanks for the kind shout out, losing weight is hard...but we can do hard things!

Oh and I LOVE (with all my heart) this Sting song (Fragile) that is playing.