Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today I Feel Like...

...baking something yummy.

And mowing my lawn.

And finding some odd-sized picture frames.

And buying new pants.

And loving on my husband.

And laughing with my kids.

And packing for tomorrow.

And reorganizing my pantry.

And finishing the ironing.

And learning Spanish so I can help Hannah with her homework.

And going for a ride.

And painting my toes.

And trying something new with my hair.

And working on the makeup techniques I learned the other day.

And finishing my book.

And loving each second of the day.

Have you ever woken up, still groggy from not quite enough sleep but so, so, so happy? Happy to be living your life, right now, with all the chaos and love and craziness and noise and yet still be completely content? And happy? Not bogged down with the 'have to do's' but at peace with all the things you get to do?

Me too.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear you are having a happy day! Where are you headed this weekend?

::lindsay said...

Good list of stuff for the day!

tharker said...

An answer to your last paragraph...yes, I have.

I love ya Karen J!

AOlson said...

Today's gonna be a good day!

Melanie said...

What a wonderful attitude to accompany a wonderful day!

Although, I am sad you are missing dinner tomorrow night. Have a great trip and we will have a dinner re-do when you are here very soon!

Ms. Kristen said...

Today....i felt alittle better! Which is a good thing!
Glad youre havin a great day!
Thanks for being a concerned friend.
See you on Monday!

Annette Rose said...

You are awesome! I just got caught up in the life of Karen! Love the date post. Great idea... One thought for you about BINGO, if you do it in the future. Our school does Candy Bar Bingo. All the prizes are candy bars. Just a thought. Its usually a BIG HIT! Way to go PTO Pres.

Sarah said...

This made me smile. Day's like that are always great - ambition and desire to do lots of things.

vwbabe said...

Hope you are having fun in Seatle, the Kids did great on Friday. I do know what this feels like, I have felt that almost everyday since we moved here!

Kate said...

Don't you just love that feeling?
Now the question...how do you make it last??

Hope your day was fantastic!!