Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Get Your Fall Eat On

I don't generally post recipes on here which is bizarre because A) I LOVE TO COOK and B) I'M A HUGE FOODIE. But I stumbled upon this little gem a few weeks back and have made it twice now with rave reviews from the fam. I'd love to take credit for it but like most of the yummy treats I make, it came from here. Try it, play around with it, spice it up. You won't be disappointed.

Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler

1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 cups milk
4 cups fresh peaches, nectarines, blueberries,
strawberries, raspberries, OR blackberries or any combination of fruits
2 T sugar

::Adjust oven rack to upper middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees
::Place butter in 13x9 and set in oven to melt while preheating; once butter is melted, remove from oven
::Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl
::Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter
::Pour batter into pan
::Scatter fruit on top of batter
::Sprinkle with remaining 2 T of sugar
::Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, generally 50-60 minutes
::Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream


(This is where I'd post a beautiful picture, but we ate it all.)

PRP's notes: This bakes up quite cakey so if your looking for a crumble type recipe, this girl isn't for you. But the butter melds beautifully with the batter and the taste is wonderful. The first time I made it I used fresh peaches; the second, fresh nectarines and both were divine. My kids cobbled it up and asked for more which is always the sign of a winning recipe in our house. Enjoy!

6 comments:

tharker said...

Mmmm. I can't wait to try this!

Sarah said...

Sounds yummy, thanks for the recipe!

GS said...

I've made it already with a combination of nectarines and peaches. It was so good I had to put 3 servings in the freezer so I wouldn't eat the whole thing!

Melanie said...

Thank you for the treat yesterday! The kids couldn't stop raving about what a great cook you are. I do hope we can get together soon!

Anonymous said...

My family has used this recipe for years. We love it. It also works great with canned fruit like peaches or pears but drain off most of the liquid or it gets to runny in the middle.

Cathy said...

Is this 1/12 cups of butter? or 1/2 cup? I made it with a half cup butter and frozen blueberries and strawberries. Delish!