Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Perspective, Take 2

The last few weeks have sort of kicked my trash. 

At least, that's how I chose to see it.  

I got sick shortly after Christmas and remained sick for pretty much all of January.  They say stress adds to your bodies inability to fight things.  Hmmmm.....

My phone died. I know, the most basic of first world problems EVA but it was hard.  (Still is hard.  New phone isn't here yet.  Grrrrrrr...)  And while I'm thankful for the very real example that my little phone was taking up entirely too much time in my life, I miss the convenience of email at my fingertips, my calendar that keeps our house somewhat running, and apps that help me reach my goals.

Speaking of goals, I've been more than frustrated by one that I just can't seem to reach despite my best efforts.  I work and sweat and toil and choose and in the end, nothing changes.  This has gotten my down more than I care to admit but there's a lesson here as well.  I need to stop focusing on what's missing and be grateful for what I have.  I succeed in this in a lot of areas of my life but this one in particular is my krptonite.  I get it.  I'm working on it. 

Today, despite little sleep and an aching body, I got up, looked at my unwashed face and crazy hair in the mirror and laughed.  Because if I can't smile at this amazing life I've been given, with all the crazy mixed in, then what's the point? 

Smile today friends.  Find something to make you laugh.  It's going to be a good day. 

(My sweet husband posted this on my Facebook wall a few days ago.  I love him so.)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I wish I could kick whatever it is that keeps you from reaching your goal straight in the hinny. Or at least help you figure it out. I love your attitude though! And I love that Brad posted this reminder. You are good people.

Kelly said...

If I could hug ya, I would! I love you just as you are, and so does everybody else!

Unknown said...

Hello admin! This is remarkable article as well as it is valuable for the entire person and I want to say that I would like to write on this subject too. You have an interesting written of this topic.
prp treatment for hair loss
prp treatment for hair
prp injection for hair loss
prp hair loss treatment
prp therapy hair loss
prp therapy for hair loss
plasma hair treatment
prp injection hair
prp therapy for hair
prp for hair growth
hair regrowth injections
injections for hair growth
platelet rich plasma therapy for hair loss
prp injection for hair
prp therapy hair

Anonymous said...

微信色聊群或者聊天室 , 色聊语音聊天室 , 在线聊天室你懂的 , q全球视频聊天室 , sm圣魔聊天室 , 线上性聊天网 , 美女性上门服务qq , 免费视频找女人聊天 , 台湾情人 , 台湾一对一视频聊天室