Monday, August 28, 2006

Wonder Woman's Got Nothing On Me

I may be a slow learner, but when I catch on, watch out! After years of being one of those slow-to-rise people who still found themselves in their jammies at 11 am more often than not, I have finally turned myself around. It's amazing the things you can accomplish in a day when you actually get going in the morning. And as someone who needs constant accolades for their work, here is what I did today: at 5 am I got out of bed and worked out. I found myself at Wal-Mart for some last minute groceries by 6 am. By 7, I was showered and dressed for the day with full hair and makeup. I welcomed my babysitting kids back at 7:10 and had two loads of laundry going by 8. After making breakfast for 5 and cleaning the kitchen, I gave Sienna a bath while I cleaned my bathroom. Then it was off to Home Depot to buy some more paint for the family room which I managed to paint later in the day while Sienna was napping and the others were in the sprinklers. Two different gilfriends stopped by for quick visits and then I ironed my new curtains, made lunch for the crew and cleaned up. (Ok, I just re-read all of this and it sounds unbelievably snotty but I can't help myself. Either find yourself a trash can to barf into or stop reading) By the end of the day, I had managed to pack a picnic for my family, visit my son's new first grade classroom and stop by some friends for dessert. I really can't believe it's only been one day. In my old life, it would have taken me a week to get all that stuff done.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully I'll keep up my new stride but if you stop by mid-morning and find me in my bathrobe, you have my permission to smack me upside the head. And if you want to bring a bazooka with you to blow my head off for being such a prideful beast, well, that's fine too.

No comments: