Thursday, December 20, 2007

All I Want For Christmas Is A Padded Room

Day one of Christmas Break and the kids and I are off to a booming start.
*We've already baked sugar cookies which are cooling nicely on racks.
*The gingerbread is just about to go in the oven and smells heavenly.
*All the materials are laid out so the kids and I can make booties for the reindeer's hooves.
*Brad is out finishing up last minute details, after finishing the laundry and delivering the plates of homemade goodies to our friends.
Uh, not so much.
What's really going on is this:
*Hannah is back in her room, where she has been since breakfast for displaying behavior that quite frankly is not of this world.
*Sienna is busy not taking a nap and trying on all of the clothes in her room, which she has dumped out of all of her drawers.
*I, having eaten a Cordial Cherry and plain noodles today, am still in my pajamas at 1:10 pm.
*And Brad, well, he's up at Schweitzer Mountain skiing in perfection conditions with
10" of new snow.
Merry Christmas!
(And another thing...how come when you write a blog with spaces between everything Blogger publishes it with no spaces at all and you can't fix it no matter what? Seriously!)

11 comments:

Heather said...

That bites... I also had a cordial cherry for breakfast, at least I'm not alone.

Melissa said...

Whew... when I read the first part I thought "Wow... I'm not gonna leave a comment... I haven't even sent out Christmas cards" :S
Our break starts tomorrow. I am excited for a few days with my kids... but around the 28th I'll be crying. Hard. Waiting for school to start again.

Sarah said...

Hannah sounds a lot like the little girl who lives at my house. Good luck with the rest of your day!

hatch said...

Ok Karen, when I first started to read this I thought...hum I am not sure I like her. (totally kidding)

Then I read the rest of it I remember why I love you! You are so real and always so funny! I really hope your vacation goes better. The first day of a school break is always a tough one.

Jessica said...

I was reading thinking Wow she is amazing, when I am prego it takes all I can to even get off the couch! Glad to see you are among the "normal"!

Kelly said...

Yeah... I had a simiilar day of frustration. Somehow I had forgotten just how much I despise shopping with my boys. I felt like leaving them in the lost and found department at Target. And it's only the first day of Winter break! Heaven help me.

tharker said...

Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better. And if repeating this mantra to yourself doesn't work...well then just curl up in the fetal position and refuse to move until Brad comes home!

I love ya. If you need anything, please call me.

Sara said...

Karen I was busy looking at Heathers blog when I saw yours!
I was thinking sounds like the holidays to me. Merry Christmas!
Sara Spencer

meohmyers said...

This is too funny! I'm so glad I'm not the only one ready to kick my kiddos to the curb after only 1 day of winter break!

Fill me in if you ever get the spaces trouble figured out on Blogger!

Ms. Kristen said...

You gotta look at my recent blog! I put pictures of Hannah preschool party! So cute! Merry Christmas!

tharker said...

Love the slideshow and the new profile picture!!