Friday, January 02, 2009

Losing The Rizz To A Vampire

In the car today on the way home from running errands...

"Call Tharker and see if we can come get book 3 from her" my husband says.

"Seriously?" I say.

"If she doesn't have it, we'll have to stop and buy it."

"Seriously?" I say.

That would be book 3 in the TWILIGHT series people, a series written for 12-old-girls and not 34-year-old men. A series that I haven't even finished yet, because, well, I haven't. A series that has also captivated two of my very best, very non-Mormon friends, one of whom teaches English lit and has read everything under the sun.

Tharker didn't have the book because she appropriately loaned it out to some 12-year-old girl and we didn't stop at the store even though Brad said "we should really just buy the whole series."

Seriously.

So, if anyone has a copy of the book that they can lend to my pre-pubescent husband, that would be great. I will happily send him over on his 10-speed to pick it up after chores.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

You're last sentence cracked me up! Even B-rad is wrapped up in the Twilight madness...I guess I really am the last person on Earth that hasn't read them.

Heather said...

Teachings English lit?

Sweet, Bizradicus. Sweet.

Kris said...

This is so funny. I never would've guessed. Hope he gets his hand on the book soon. I can't wait to hear what he thinks about book #4. What book are you reading?

Jessica said...

After we saw the movie Luke told me he was going to have to read the next ones....he hasn't yet, so I have 3 and 4 you are welcome to borrow, however it might be a little to far to come on the ten speed, the last hill before our house is a doosy! :)

tharker said...

I'm still cracking up over that phone call! I told Spencer about it....let's just say he found it VERY funny!

I tracked down Eclipse and I'm on my way with it AND Breaking Dawn. Until then, just tell Brad to breath deeply.

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

I have no comment about this topic. Actually, I've changed my mind. KNOCK IT OFF! Just give in Karen. Stop living in denial.
EDWARD LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

It's better that he and the rest of the world are taking a break from the TV and movie pop-culture-for-the-cognitively-delayed and getting into some "literature." At least people are reading. I'll be the first to admit that the books are so far from well written it's embarrassing, but their cheese is addictive (not unlike American Idol... or so I'm told). All this nerdy English teacher can say is YAY FOR READING! Then again, I'm perfectly comfortable reading it because right alongside of it on my bedside table is Tolstoy's Anna Karenina... so, I've earned my right to indulge in this ridiculous (and fantastic!) saga o' vampire/werewolf lovin'!

hatch said...

I would have ran my copy right over to your house, but it looks like I am a little bit late...

Andre said...

Your husband reads that? I could barely get through it.